Partner – The Gerardo Cantu Law Firm, P.C.
Call Gerardo Cantu: 713-256-6092 (mobile)
Gerardo is a native of Houston, Texas. He began his career by serving in the United States Marine Corps where he earned a combat action medal for his combat service in Desert Storm. After completing his military service, Gerardo joined the Houston Police Department as a patrol officer. While with the department Gerardo gained valuable experience in investigative techniques which he uses today in his representation of clients.
Gerardo enrolled in the University of Houston Downtown and graduated magna cum laude. After graduation Gerardo entered law school at the Thurgood Marshall School of Law graduating in 2003. During law school Gerardo was selected to do a clerkship with the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service. In addition, Gerardo also completed a clerkship with the Mexican Consulate General for Houston, Texas. Both clerkships allowed Gerardo to gain valuable experience in immigration and personal injury cases involving legal issues between Federal, State and Mexican borders.
Gerardo focuses his law practice on representing seriously injured victims in the areas of vehicular accidents, product and automobile defects, wrongful death, construction and industrial accidents. Gerardo represents clients in automobile crashworthiness cases against all major manufacturers, including GM, Ford, DaimlerChrysler and Isuzu dealing with complex legal issues when the accidents and death occur in Mexico. These cases include rollovers, stability cases, tire defects, defective door latches, airbags and post collision fires.
Areas of Practice:
- Personal Injury
- Automobile Accidents
- 18 wheeler & Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Automobile Defects
- Premises Liability
- Industrial & Workplace Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Texas, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2005
- Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, Texas, 2003
- Honors: Clerk, United States Immigration and Naturalization Service
- Honors: Clerk, Mexican Consulate General, Houston, Texas
- University of Houston Downtown, Houston, Texas, 2000
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Major: Criminal Justice
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 2005 – 2008 (Attorney)
- Mexican American Bar Association, 2005 – 2008 (Attorney)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Past Employment Positions:
- Houston Police Department, Patrol Officer, 1992 – 1997
- United States Marine Corps, Marine, 1987 – 1991