HOUSTON MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
11 steps to follow if you are involved in an motorcycle accident
- STAY CALM – Stay calm at the accident scene. Make sure the accident scene is secure and that all parties are away from traffic.
- MEDICAL ATTENTION – If anyone is injured call for medical assistance immediately. If anyone is bleeding, treat the injuries. Do not move anyone if you feel it may cause a more severe injury. Keep any injured person calm and wait medical personnel.
- PROTECT THE ACCIDENT SCENE – Always keep in mind that any accident scene can cause a potentially dangerous situation for other accidents. Place cones or flares at the scene if possible and instruct any motorists who have stopped to help to direct traffic away from the scene.
- CONTACT LAW ENFORCEMENT – Call the police and wait for them to arrive. Make sure the officers to make a report. Be calm and explain to the officers the correct facts of how the incident occurred. Cooperate fully with the officers and be respectful.
- GATHER INFORMATION – Get the name, address and telephone number of all witnesses. Make a note of any comments made by the other driver or any witnesses. Click here for a free glove box accident tip card.
- SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT – Many times injuries from an motorcycle accident do not result in immediate pain. Injuries to muscles and other tissues will not start becoming apparent for hours. When this happens go to a doctor or hospital immediately. If you delay treatment, you injury could become more severe. If there is a slightest chance you are injured seek medical care.
- CALL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY – Report the accident to your insurance company and cooperate with your agent. Ask you agent if you are covered by Personal Injury Protection (PIP). Update your lawyer with the information.
- REPORT THE ACCIDENT – You should always call the police but if for some reason they do not come to the scene, you should still report the accident. Ask the police or your insurance agent for a BLUE FORM. Fill this out and return it to the police agency within ten days of the accident. You need to have documentation that the accident occurred.
- IF YOU HAVE BEEN INJURED CALL A LAWYER IMMEDIATELY – Ask for the advice of an experienced personal injury attorney. You can Contact the personal injury attorneys at The Gerardo Cantu Law Firm, P.C. for advice and representation for you injuries and damages.
- PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS – You should always know your legal rights in order to protect yourself. DO NOT give a statement, in person or recorded on the phone, to the other drivers insurance company. When the adjuster wants a statement from you, tell them NO and contact The Gerardo Cantu Law Firm, P.C.. We will help you.
- TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS – Always take as many photographs of the product and injuries as you can. It is best to use a digital camera. You can use a cell phone camera if that is all you have. Remember – “A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words”.
Motorcycle accident cases can be complex, so you should not delay. You should act immediately and contact the automobile injury attorneys at The Gerardo Cantu Law Firm, P.C. today with any questions that you have. Our personal injury motorcycle accident attorneys and staff are always here to help you at every step of your case. We value the confidence you place in us and we will do everything possible for you and your family. Our goal at The Gerardo Cantu Law Firm, P.C. is to give each of our clients the highest qualify legal advice and services to protect your rights. Let our team of experts work for you.
Click here to contact the motorcycle accident lawyers at The Gerardo Cantu Law Firm, P.C. LLP in Houston, Texas for a free evaluation of your case.
Representation you can trust – Contact Us Today